Forum Index
Forum Index  »  Asian Music  »  Recommend me some good Japanese/Korean Rappers please
Page 1 of 1    

Recommend me some good Japanese/Korean Rappers please

CrimsonReapers
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Koisuru Kimochi
Koisuru Kimochi Joined: 15 Oct 2007 Posts: 230 Location: MALAYSIA
Ive loved mihimaru GT at first listening to Mikkun's awesome raps. And still in love with his voice/raps. No.1 top of the world. Better than (TO ME) ET-KING, SEAMO and Snoopdog. Well thats all my opinion please dun flame me please >< (nt even sure I posted in the right section)

Thanks to Mikkun's awesome performance, im now most likely stuck with listening to Hip-pops. Especially those with Raps like SEAMO and ET-KING (hip-hops?). Are there any other awesome rappers out there that can rival those ive mentioned (nvr a rival to Mikkun's for me, hes best!)? For me, my preference is either Korean or Japanese.

Thanks in advance awesome fans of mihimaru GT.
going_x_crazy
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Posts: 411 Location: MI // USA
I really like So'Fly. They are a guy/girl hip-pop duo, similar to mihimaru GT, but they're a bit more hip-hoppy. I guess their sound is most comparable to m-flo. Here's their official myspace page.

recommended songs:
Disco☆Disco
Disco Tech
Rockstar
Old Dayz
Last Summer
One More Time
Breathe Out

facebook + twitter
CrimsonReapers
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote
Koisuru Kimochi
Koisuru Kimochi Joined: 15 Oct 2007 Posts: 230 Location: MALAYSIA
Holy cow! I love the songs! Kinda loving DISCO DISCO and Old Dayz!
They deserve more media attention! Im spreading them among my friends now =]
Rap just pumps me endlessly! Especially J-Raps. Maybe its juz my preference that I loved rap so much. Most of my friends just love normal pop songs. Though they do love Jay Chou the Taiwanese Pop artist. He raps well too.
Mandarin Pop not my style I dunno why T-T
Must be because Ive been engrossed to Japanism at a very young age. Rap FTW!!

Oh and thanks alot goingxcrazy. Now Im even more motivated to become a composer. Wish me luck cuz after my high school, Im pursuing a Bachelor of Music (Hons) in Professional Music Degree. Thats 4 and a half years (including Foundation).

I might try to become a Hip-pop artist if I can find a lead singer xD (a dream a dream). But I rather compose musics oni xD. Since music industry in Malaysia is hopeless... I hope I can expand it to Japan. No matter what, I rly wish ppl would start recognizing Hip-pop as an individual genre instead. Its the new age of Pop (for me)!

Edit: Hey did you listen to ITT? Damn their songs are another top-notch rap-ism.
a Life - ITT

Page 1 of 1