Forum Index
Forum Index  »  Asian Music  »  Rainie Yang ( taiwanese )
Page 1 of 1    

Rainie Yang ( taiwanese )

shikimai24
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 am Reply with quote
Magical Speaker
Magical Speaker Joined: 04 Aug 2007 Posts: 511 Location: non

Taiwanese singer/actress
Born in Taipei, Taiwan in 1984, little Yang Cheng Lin was a star from the beginning. She excelled in gymnastics, dancing, and singing even at an early age. At 14, Cheng Lin started appearing in commercials and having small parts in films in the Hong Kong entertainment world. However, she just couldn't get that big break she wanted.

A year later at the age of 15, Cheng Lin auditioned for a BMG produced girl-band consisting of 4 members. Cheng Lin, with her enthusiasm, talent, and power, amazingly made it into the group. "I had unexpectedly good luck then," Rainie said of her early career. The band, named "4 in Love", required Cheng Lin to change her name to a weather themed title, which ended up being "Rainie".

After joining 4 in Love, Rainie and the other three members (Cloudie, Sunnie, and Windie) moved back to Taiwan and lived and rehearsed under one roof for quite some time. The girls became extremely close, and Rainie considers them like her sisters even to this day. Rainie, still on the verge of super stardom, starred in several more dramas and movies, and eventually landed a role in the hit drama Meteor Garden. Her role as Xiao You may have been small, but it was enough to send Rainie's star over the top. Meteor Garden was the turning point in Rainie's career, and soon she was starring in more dramas and films, and became quite the young leading lady.

After 3 years of being a band, 4 in Love disbanded in 2002. Cloudie, Sunnie, and Windie decided to move on with their careers, taking much different paths, but Rainie wanted more. Rainie was left by herself in the world now, and decided to pursue a career as a talk show host. After hosting shows and acting in more dramas, Rainie was finally able to pursue singing again as she recorded songs for the dramas she starred in. This was just enough to push Rainie's career along to get her to the point of solo-status.

In 2005, Rainie, now an accomplished actress (and host), took the leap and released her first solo album, "My Intuition" (Ai Mei). The album made Chinese history as Rainie was the first "newcomer" to reach platinum status with an album. "My Intuition" sold extremely well, and gained Rainie fans not only in her home country, but across the globe.

Rainie released her second album, "Meeting Love", in 2006, and has thus become one of the Chinese industries brightest young superstars. She continues to act and sing, and will hopefully do so for a long time to come.

Discography:

English Title: Rainie and love...?
Language: Mandarin
Release Date: January 15, 2010

English Title: My Proclamation
Release Date: November 10, 2008

English Title: My Other Self
Release Date: September 7th, 2007

English Title: Meeting Love
Release Date: March 23rd, 2006

English Title: My Intuition
Release Date: September 9th, 2005

source: http://www.rainie-yang.net/

One post per day will sure make me reach Love Sick XD
shikimai24
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
Magical Speaker
Magical Speaker Joined: 04 Aug 2007 Posts: 511 Location: non
will post her filmography too if anyones interested in watching taiwanese drama :P

One post per day will sure make me reach Love Sick XD

Page 1 of 1