Forum Index
Forum Index  »  mihimatalk  »  What do you think of mihimalight?
Page 1 of 1    

What do you think of mihimalight?

Kuneko
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Negai
Negai Joined: 23 Apr 2011 Posts: 26 Location: Montreal, Quebec
Post your reactions/opinions here :D

1. Theme of mihimaLIVE4 - Pretty epic as usual, though that whole speech was kind of cheesy... Laugh
2. Evo Revolution - Still love this song so much!
3. Thank You For Today - Solid track. Sounds like pretty standard mihimaru fare but it's catchy and the arrangement is fun, kinda Kaerouka-ish.
4. Neo Generator feat. KEN THE 390 - This song is really cool sounding. I prefer Hiroko-centered songs but this was interesting. The constant rapping does kind of get boring though xD
5. Konya mo Cinderella - Also pretty cool sounding and definitely new, but this one didn't impress me too much.
6. Di-lemma - I really love this one! I've been really into slower R&B/ballad type songs, and this one definitely fits. The arrangement is win <3
7. Nibun no Ichi no Shiawase - This is another win! It's such a sweet ballad, it reminds me of some of HIROKO's solo stuff.
8. MASTERPIECE - This was, of course, an epic single and one of my favourite summer songs this year.
9. 880 -EiEiO!!!!!!!!~ feat. Kosaka Daimao - I liked the 8-bit sounds in this song (I see what they did there... xD) but otherwise I'm not hugely impressed by it.
10. KA.CHA.INA - This too was... different? But didn't really catch my interest.
11. Omedetou - The perfect ending song!
zeus10002
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
So Merry Christmas
So Merry Christmas Joined: 20 Jun 2008 Posts: 60 Location: Madrid Spain
1. Theme of mihimaLIVE4 - Cool but i dont like thse chorus. 6/10

2. Evo Revolution -Im totally in love with Hiroko in this song, and i dont like so much miyakes rap, anyway its so good! 8/10

3. Thank You For Today - Catchy song since the beggining, cool lyrics and miyake sounds really great, hiroko is sweet as always. Im totally agree that is a typical mihimaru gt song :D. Love the piano bridge. 8.5/10

4. Neo Generator feat. KEN THE 390 - The album started with pop style and with this song,it turns to electrodance style. Miyake starts to be the starring xD. Its great but thats all 7/10

5. Konya mo Cinderella - Miyake is still strong in the song. First 30 secs of Cinderella are boring. In the half of the song it starts to get better but there is something you expect but it never comes. 6/10

6. Di-lemma - Since i hate (a little :P) slow r&B songs i didnt pay attention to this song (in the beggining). But hiroko really gives this song the smartness and the sweetness and its one of my favourite song not only of the album, but the mihimaru discography!!! Really good and miyake is perfect here too. 9.5/10

7. Nibun no Ichi no Shiawase - Its a great ballad based on Hiroko´s style (pop) in the average of mihimaru gt but not as good as masterpieces like shiawase ni narou or love is... 7.5/10
8. MASTERPIECE - Dont like Miyake´s rap so much but hiroko sounds "supercute" here and it makes the song a true masterpiece. Love too the Dj work (mihimaru style as always) 8/10
9. 880 -EiEiO!!!!!!!!~ feat. Kosaka Daimao - Too crazy for me, its a bit chaotic and 8-bit sounds are good but i dont like Kosaka Daimaou in this song. 6/10
10. KA.CHA.INA - One of the worst mihimaru gt songs of the whole discography. Totally out of their style and that "ambulance sound" in the beggining is horrible. 4/10
11. Omedetou - Incredible ballad. Hiroko´s vocals here are great and Miyake´s rap is catchy and i definetly love it!! 9.5/10

Average: 7.2
Conclusion: great album but not one of the best of the band. Epic songs but im happy and proud of them!! LOVE MIHIMARU GT!!!
going_x_crazy
Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Posts: 411 Location: MI // USA
THOUGHTS ON MY FIRST RUN THROUGH THE CD...

01. Theme of mihimaLIVE 4 : I'm not sure how I feel about the English introduction. It felt like there wasn't enough miyake or hiroko... but I really love the chillness of the track while still having that heavy rock influence. A+ to whom ever composed this!

02. Evo★Revolution : It really feels like an anime opening with the high energy, but I'm not sure how I actually feel about it... I'm not a big fan of this track right now, but it's kind of catchy so I think it could grow on me. I think it's mostly the instrumental that bothers me; something about the combination of instruments that just throws me off. Though this track also reminds me a bit of a revamped/remixed Cowboy Bebop OST (my all-time favoirte anime) so that's a plus! haha

03. Thank U 4 Today : It has the old mihimaru feel I always look forward to, without feeling like a song that's "already been done". It gives me a similar feeling as Yakusoku or Birthday Song... even though it doesn't quite sound like either of those. I guess this could just be called 'classic mihimaru GT'.

04. Neo Generatior : I tend to get a little jaelous when there's another rapper in one of mihi's songs. I feel like they're "taking away from" miyake's part. But I don't feel that way at all in this song. I actually think that miyake's part as a rapper was highlighted! I love this track.

05. Konya mo Cinderella : A catchy pop song, but nothing too interesting IMO. Feels like it's just a filler song. I don't hate it, but it doesn't measure up to the other tracks.

06. Di-lemma : The instrumental is genious! I love the pop + classical combination, which is what I was expecting from the previous track (because it has a kind of 'fairytale' feel that would be appropriate for a song about Cinderella). I really LOVE this track beginning to end.

07. 1/2 no Shiawase : Another track that embodies a classic mihi feel. Reminds me a lot of tracks from the first few albums. Simply put, it's a beautiful ballad. There's something about it that makes me happy.

08. MASTERPIECE : What can I say? I fell in love with this track when I first heard it! For me it expresses what mihimaru GT does best; fun and catchy muisc that puts you in a good mood!

09. 880~EiEiO!!!!!!!! : Just like other songs featuring Kosaka Daimaou... there's a fun and crazy party type of vibe. I don't think it can be compared to other mihi songs, because mihi feat. Kosaka Daimaou songs are in a category of their own! I can't wait to see a live performance of this track :D

10. KA・CHA・INA : Very different and unexpected for me. I see it as a huge risk, and the type of song that could easily go so 'wrong', but I think it turned out so 'right'! It's very (VERY) different from anything mihimaru GT has done in the past, style-wise, but IMO they still found a way to make it their own. I love how much miyake dominates that track, as well :3

11. Omedetou : I love♥love♥love this song already! It's so beautiful and encouraging, it makes me cry. There's so much I could say and it's all positive~

Album Cover : I did just realize that this is the first full album w/o a special style of art for the cover. I'm really upset that they chose not to continue that pattern. For me, that makes this album cover the worst of all 6! It's mismatched on top of being rather plain, making me very disappointed.

facebook + twitter
Kuneko
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Negai
Negai Joined: 23 Apr 2011 Posts: 26 Location: Montreal, Quebec
^ That point about the cover is so true x__X Luckily it doesn't take away too much from how good the album is, but yeah... I really wish they had continued that trend.

How are you guys liking this album compared to mihimalogy? I'm definitely liking it a ton more, mihimalogy was really... off for me. I barely listen to that album, save for the single tracks x_X
going_x_crazy
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Posts: 411 Location: MI // USA
Kuneko wrote:
How are you guys liking this album compared to mihimalogy? I'm definitely liking it a ton more, mihimalogy was really... off for me. I barely listen to that album, save for the single tracks x_X

Yeah, other than than the singles, the only track I really loved from mihimalogy was michishirube Love Since this album only had 3 singles out of 11 tracks, all the other songs are fresh and exciting! While mihimalogy was half singles; 7 (A&B sides) out of 13 tracks.

facebook + twitter
BoAMyjewel
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Kibun Joujou↑↑
Kibun Joujou↑↑ Joined: 06 Jul 2007 Posts: 397
^Yes the moment they released the covers my first thought was exact the same, IMO this album was kinda rushed.

Omedetou, MASTERPIECE, Evo Revolution, Di-Lemma are outstanding for me!!

Neo generator has a very cool inst but the song itself was left pretty bland, the rest of the album were OK for me. 1/2 no Shiawase stands out from the OK zone though,

I just really think that this album was kinda rushed. :( they could do a lot better. I miss mihimarise era Frown

But I was so relieved that they finally release an album as a duo again, I was just so worried that they won't work together gain :( but since they're back, I'm HAPPY!! Love Boogie

mihimarock!!!

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Yakusoku
Yakusoku Joined: 30 Aug 2011 Posts: 8 Location: Karachi,Pakistan
This album has different touch
as it can be heard in their solo styles
but still one of their best works
i dont know why but i dont like CINDERELLA because of it sounds very girly

and DONT LIKE THE ALBUM ART

Page 1 of 1