Forum Index
Forum Index  »  mihimatalk  »  Why do you like Mihimaru GT?
Page 1 of 1    

Why do you like Mihimaru GT?

zeus10002
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 am Reply with quote
So Merry Christmas
So Merry Christmas Joined: 20 Jun 2008 Posts: 60 Location: Madrid Spain
I put my cds of mihimaru gt to some of my friends and they laugh (i dont mind XD) they said that is really crap music (they say it, because it might be a shock to hear spanish-pop that is crap and the next you hear its "this" xD).

So lets do a rendition to mihimaru Gt and say why do u like them!!

I start:
I like Mihimaru Gt because they are the only duet male-female that i know (i mean a duet as a group not a 1-song-duet), because their music is fresh(miyake), sweet (hiroko), different (combination of jpop+hiphop+electronicmusic+voice and sound quality, because they always reinvent themselves!!!

PD: i dont know if this topic is in the correct section thank you.

Last edited by zeus10002 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
karin
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote
YES
YES Joined: 02 Feb 2009 Posts: 265 Location: Spain
Well, the first single of theirs that I heard was Shiawase ni Narou and I completely fell in love with it. Then I downloaded their full discography and my computer broke, so I had to listen to them only through my mp3 player, which means that I didn't know how they looked like.
At first I think I didn't like all their songs, there were a few that I was listening all the time and I took no notice of the others.
But then I got a new computer and once I listened to all their songs and I was like "how didn't I listen to them before?". I loved them all, even though I still had my favourite ones.
And then I discovered the mihimaworld: I got to know more about them and I loved them even more, I started downloading other stuff like lives and I found mihimacafe Love

So now they're my favourite group, it's just they're so unique. They have so different melodies, they always sound so good, they have a combination of different styles... Their music's so enjoyable. Basically it's this.
And the good about them is that they release new stuff, because I always use to like bands that don't release anything.
Ugh, did I write too much?..
tiachan
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
Koisuru Kimochi
Koisuru Kimochi Joined: 27 Aug 2008 Posts: 220 Location: Indonesia
first i heard about them at a magazine i bought.
i saw miyake was so cool Love
at first i try to watch their PV.
my first PV is PUNKISH and i heard hiroko's voice is sweet and i like it very much.
their type of music are different from the other.
i love rap and pop so much. but there are no one use thet genre.
so i become their fan until now. Love
i started search for their music.
and finally i found mihimacafe and start to be active here Boogie

www.facebook.com/tiachan.popo

http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/mypage.do?accountId=5748709
zeus10002
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote
So Merry Christmas
So Merry Christmas Joined: 20 Jun 2008 Posts: 60 Location: Madrid Spain
nice xD
I have to add that i found mihimaru Gt when they released their second single :D yy even when youtube didnt exist that was on 2003 or 2004 didnt remember and i like all their songs because they released their songs 1 by 1 as always :P.
Im very special about music too cause i love classical music and jazz the most and i dont usually like modern music, (i like rap yes and pop, and rock as modern music but lately there is crap music) and im very glad with mihimaru gt because they always have the same sound but they evolve once and once again.
going_x_crazy
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku
Tsuyoku Tsuyoku Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Posts: 411 Location: MI // USA
I was one of the people who was introduced to them through their Kibun Joujou single. But honestly, at first I didn't like them much. I thought it was such an odd combination of Hiroko's high voice with Miyake's deep one. I wasn't used to that. So it wasn't until the Itsumademo Hibiku Kono melody single that I really thought "they're pretty cool" and it was the BEST OF mihimaru GT album that got me absolutely hooked!

I think the number one thing I like about mihimaru GT's music is that it makes me happy. It doesn't matter what song, even if it's a sad one, somehow it makes my mood so much better. I can't help but to smile when listening to their music. And who doesn't like being in a good mood? Wink

Secondly, I love how positive their music is, and how Miyake & Hiroko seem like genuinely good, kind-hearted people. I feel like I can connect better with them and to their music.

Thirdly, they're just so cool! I mean, they both have somewhat crazy fashion senses, but they always make it work. Laugh And they always look like they're having so much fun!

My last reason, I think would have to be that they are both so creative and put so much of themselves into their music. Miyake and Hiroko write all (like 99%) of their songs themselves. Miyake usually composes the songs, and sometimes Hiroko does too. And occasionally Miyake also arranges the music. Aside from that they play many instruments. Hiroko can play the guitar and piano* (I think), while Miyake plays the guitar, keyboard, drums, and who knows what else. Miyake also does the programming for the live shows. And I know Hiroko has produced at least one of their music videos (Future Languages), and maybe she's done more. Oh, and Miyake can draw really well. Nod It's not a musical talent, but I thought I would just mention it to prove how incredibly talented these two are! haha.

I just really admire them both. Love

facebook + twitter
Mattjon
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
mihima mod
mihima mod Joined: 03 Sep 2007 Posts: 284 Location: Kyoto
Hmm... lets see. Well, I got introduced through Ouendan! 2 on the DS. There was a cover version of Kibun Joujou on there which was by far the best song in the game.

So I started Youtubing their pv's, liked what I saw, then bought "The Best Of" from YesAsia. Before this I wasn't really into Japanese music (apart from my Ayu obsession of course!)

Every song sounds different, and there isn't really any other group (at least outside Japan) that sound anything like them. I like the use of old songs (like Bolero in Kaerouka) although they seem to have stopped doing that recently...

What else? Oh, and I'm a moderator here, so I have a sworn duty to keep up-to-date with their latest releases etc...

If they happen to be touring when I'm next in Japan, I'll definately be going too Smile
tehn00b
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Love Is...
Love Is... Joined: 19 Jan 2009 Posts: 190 Location: London
I stumbled upon Kibun Jojo while i was searching for Orange Range songs on YouTube, and thought "wow this is new, and very upbeat" then i started searching up some details and my friend sent me their Best of album which really made me love mihimaru GT. Laugh
The song was quite different to what i was listening to which is mostly J-Rock and visual kei, but now ive been searching for J-Pop songs as well.

Wasn't really into Rap or Hip-Hop but i like mihimaru GT's style of music because its upbeat and happy, which is very enjoyable to listen to. The ballad and slower songs are also very soothing and i really like their music. I just love their costumes, especially hiroko's Love
CrimsonReapers
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Koisuru Kimochi
Koisuru Kimochi Joined: 15 Oct 2007 Posts: 230 Location: MALAYSIA
I am not sure when, but I know its 2 years ago which is 2007, Music Station started airing through Animax. I was watching the end year concert, they sang Kibun Jojo, it caught me, but I wasn't at attention that time because I was chatting with my cousins (visiting my grandmother during Chinese New Year). I actually forgot the feeling I had when I heard the song xD but it was a feeling that pulled me into their songs.

So WITH NO CLUE except the lyrics 'Hey DJ!', I searched through the whole of internet for them. At first, my first source was youtube but it failed me as the title of the song is 'Hey DJ', so I went to wiki and started searching 'Japanese Pop Groups'. For some reason, the first name I clicked and saw was mihimaru GT. Must be some kind of psychic power lol.

I was still unsure whether it was them at first after the link, but when I listened to their songs on Youtube, I was attracted much more than I last listen them in Music Station. I saw this mihimacafe link on wikipedia lol. So I quickly registered. I was in hiatus from mihimaru GT for 1 year actually. Until mid 2008 that I came back to listen to mihimaru GT.

I believe the few songs that got me back to mihiGT was Love is..., I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY, diverge and Shiawase ni Narou. The reason I love mihiGT? The reason was all these coincidences. Its like fate that we met mihiGT and love them. That is the link between us and them that I believe in. Their songs totally fits our taste of music. Their creativity, their style, everything. Theres so many unexplained feelings abt them that I love. But my main reason was actually their music diversity and especially for me, Miyake's voice and rap.
simpsorl
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Koisuru Kimochi
Koisuru Kimochi Joined: 27 Sep 2008 Posts: 244 Location: Ohio
I becamed deflowered from mihimaru GT when I was watching them erfrm 気分上々 during the 2006 Kouhaku Uta Gassen Special in my high school Japanese class and then, i kept searching them on you tube and I acme accross a lot of their singles, probably all of them @ the time, and well, I BECAME HOOKED

One of the reasons I like this grup sooooo much is they always find a way to reinvent themselves in the Japanese music industry, which happens rarely with artists in both Japan and in the States.

Another reason I like mihimaru GT is that I think that they are both stylish people. They know what is in and out in the world of Japanese Fashion and they also ut a little gaijin spin to their style.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Sayonara no Uta
Sayonara no Uta Joined: 10 Jul 2008 Posts: 301 Location: Bahrain
I remember once my sister was looking at her files and I saw mihimaru GT's song "Love is..." and I wondered who is the artist.

Some days later when Gazen!Yeah was released, my sister was looking for it PV and I was with her, I saw with her the PV and I really did like it. The next day I found the PV for Kaeroka-take 07 and I liked Hiroko she looked so cute Love I later on started to look for more songs for them. I became a big fan of them when I saw the PV for Itsumademo Hibiku Kono melody . I kept listing to the song alot of time so it became my favorite song of mihimaru GT. I started to come to mihimacafe when Nakinatsu was just relased.

mihimaru GT become one of my favorite artist just after downloading some of there songs. The first album I listened was mihimania because my sister downloaded it and she kept playing "The 7 Wonders" so it basically how she liked it even how I loved this song.

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Kaerouka
Kaerouka Joined: 12 Jul 2010 Posts: 11 Location: Poland
When it comes to my experience with mihimaru GT, I must admit that it isn't big yet ;) I have found them recently and I have just started discovering their music. But definitely I can say that I fell in love with their music on hearing the very first song I downloaded - it was 'Itsu made mo hibiku kono melody'.

How did I find mihimaru? It was simple browsing various Japanese artists on last.fm, starting from the most similar ones to my my big love Ai Otsuka and getting deeper. There was something in this duet that made me feel like checking them out - I did it and I felt... 'Wow! This is it!'. The whole album 'mihimagic' was like a big punch - I listened to it 8 times consecutively without stopping. This wonderful package of fresh energy made me feel great for the next 2 weeks :) Then I downloaded the rest of their discography (fell in love again in 'mihimarhythm' and 'mihimalife'), learned all the songs by heart and now I'm planning to buy their CDs that I like most.

The music of mihimaru GT is something that seems to have been conceived, performed and published just for me :P (it's only a way of expressing how well it fits into my likings :)) I love Hiroko and Miyake for giving me everyday a great shot of smile, energy and good emotions. This music has almost the same effect on me like Ai Otsuka's repertoire, only with one exception that mihimaru is new for me, and I already know inside out all Ai-chin's songs. I listened to many jpop and pop artists, but none of them pleased me so much as mihimaru and Ai-chin.
birtman
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Yakusoku
Yakusoku Joined: 26 Mar 2009 Posts: 5 Location: California
I like mihimaru GT because I love all their music. There are few artists where I can put on one of their albums and listen to it all the way through without skipping a song and they're one of them.

I first heard them when they were on the Japan Gold Disk Awards 2007 (or I guess 2006 - I didn't see it until 2007) and they performed Kibun Jojo. That's the only time I've seen my local channel play that program and I'm so happy I caught it. When the song started, my sister and I were kind of like, 'huh?' but they had such a great energy and halfway through the performance we thought, 'this is good.' hiroko was wearing the cutest outfit, too (I love her clothes - I can't get away with wearing what she does, I'm not petite). I bought the Kibun Jojo single after that.

Then, I looked them up on the internet and found out hiroko's birthday is the same as mine (even year) and was so happy. That's when I decided to try out all their music. Kaerouka and Itsumademo Hibiku Kono Melody got me hooked. I ended up buying their first three albums when they were re-released with the DVD of the So Merry Christmas -Take 06- PV. I seriously can't decide which album of theirs I like most. I go through phases where I'll listen to one more than the others and it will be my favorite for awhile, but then I'll listen to the others and I'll love those the most. So, for me mihimaru GT is really all about the music. I love the music.
BaMz
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:22 am Reply with quote
Yakusoku
Yakusoku Joined: 04 Sep 2010 Posts: 1
I like mihimaru since I heard Itsumademo Hibiku Kono melody, I heard it when I visited my friend's house and that music was played there lol
and I like mihimaru since then Smile
Angela*Chan*
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Kaerouka
Kaerouka Joined: 03 Aug 2009 Posts: 19 Location: Spain
Well, when I was watching Bobobo (an anime) I saw the 3rd ending and I say: Cool!
It was HPSJ
An then, I were looking about more and I found Kibun Jojo.

And I love it now!!

Take me love baby, baby baby, please one more smile
mari is awesome
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:29 am Reply with quote
Yakusoku
Yakusoku Joined: 03 Oct 2010 Posts: 4
I first heard their song Kibun Jojo while playing Ouendan 2 on my DS. It's such a cute and happy song, so I searched them on Youtube and I fell in love ♥
mihimaru's music has a unique feeling, I don't know how to explain...but their songs always get me in a better mood.
Nowadays I'm not into japanese music anymore... but I still listen to mihimaru GT, and it's definitely one of my favorite groups ever.

Page 1 of 1